FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comair PLZ - JNB misconnect protection on separate PNR?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:31 am
FrancisA

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by michalis
I have a return CW reward flight from JNB to LHR next easter and was looking to book a Comair flight from PLZ to get to JNB on the same day.

There are 2 options that I am considering.
The first leaves PLZ at 10:35 and reaches JNB at 12:30.
Now I enjoy a lounge as much as the next person, but 6 hours in a lounge is a bit excessive.

Ideally i would prefer to take the later flight that leaves PLZ at 13:30 and reaches JNB at 15:05. The flight from JNB to LHR is at 19:20 so even if there is a long-ish delay I should be fine, my issue is cancelling the flight.

In case the flight gets delayed/cancelled is there any protection for the return flight? or I am on my own? Anyone had prior experiences with Comair/BA handling potential misconnects?

I would be less worried if there was another flight that would land me in JNB before my flight to LHR in case of a delay, but there seems to be no such option.
When you say there is no other option, are you looking only at Comair flights or SAA too?

From experience Comair will put you on another airline in circumstances where you'll miss a LH connection.