FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:22 am
PsiFighter37

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
UA 536 - SFO-EWR (Lunch/dinner?)

Our flight ended up leaving more than an hour late because the plane got switched and turnaround was a bit slower than projected. As such, while this was originally coded as a 2:55 PM departure (which would be lunch), the menu sure looked and felt more like dinner. You be the judge (also - new menu design, which I like better):

Obligatory beer picture

I really liked the salad - very healthy and flavorful, but I do wish that they had simply had a vinaigrette with the salad instead of 'lemon' olive oil, which tasted pretty much like regular olive oil but less strong. The goat cheese was stellar - could have used a slightly bigger piece of bread but no complaints. We were also served a roll (forgot to get a picture of that) that was warm and chewy - slathered it up with butter and chowed down.

Both my wife and I went with the steak option. While it certainly looks decent, it was a bit overcooked and chewy (and a bit hard to cut, although there's probably a limitation on how sharp the knives allowed on board can be). The chimichurri sauce had a nice amount of zesty flavor and spice. Beans were solid, while the broccoli tasted about as lively as it looks.

Sundae with Oreo crumbs, strawberries in syrup, and whipped cream. Definitely not ice cream - it was not as dense as the old sundaes - but it also wasn't as light as regular gelato is. I didn't mind, given I was stuffed at this point, but I do prefer good old-fashioned ice cream when it comes to vanilla bean.

Cookie about an hour before touchdown. Could have been warmed up a tad longer (like 5-10 seconds) to increase gooeyness, but otherwise solid as always. My wife initially refused because she didn't want one, but I gave her a look, and she took it and handed it right to me. I must've scarfed both down fast because the FA came around and offered me another one (I declined)

Overall - food was solid, and FAs were very good (this was a 28J 752, so probably a regular p.s. crew).