FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:22 pm
muishkin

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by miles_navigator
I am flying into LHR on AA and getting in at 9AM. My BA flight is at 1050am. All on same ticket. My gut tells me this is too tight at LHR especially if AA is late out of the US.

Have things improved over the years where this connection is possible or should I put us on the next BA flight so we will have 3 hours 45 mins for the connection instead of 1 hour 50 mins?
I did two 100 minute T5<->T3 connections in the last month. First one was JFK->LHR->ARN. I had about 95 minutes for the T3->T5 connection. The first flight got to the gate about 10 minutes early so I arrived at Galleries First in T5 with more than a hour to go before the departure of the second leg.

The second one was JFK->LHR->HEL. Both legs are operated by BA but the first one ends in T5 and the second one leaves T3. The nominal connection time for this was 110 minutes but the first leg (BA 114) was over 20 minutes late. Still I made it to the CX first lounge in T3 with 50 minutes to spare.