FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Public transport in Aus/NZ
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:29 pm
troyhouse

Public transport in Aus/NZ

Need some tips and guidance on public transport usage in Aus/NZ locations. I am also considering usage of uber/lyft and would appreciate feedback on following:

Queenstown/ZQN
- hotel has daily shuttle to center of town, will use this mainly for back and forth.
- i might need to arrange bus or taxi for trip to wanaka , what is the best option for this, yello or some other form of taxi. I have to reach the location by 9am for skydiving. what are the other options for 3 people and to prearrange it.

Melbourne
-i will be staying at hilton south wharf, and planning to get the myki card for 2/3 days travel within the city.
- there is also free tram within the city. but i am not sure whether this is still running as i read some conflicting messages whether it is operated in december

Sydney
- i will be staying at shretaon on the park, will be using ferry, train and bus for most of the sightseeing purposes.
-get the bus from St James Station, Elizabeth St, Sydney (Stop 200045) from their i can take train or ferry based on the destination
-better to buy the opal card

hows the availability of uber, i might use that as much as possible.

what are the best options for airport transportation for Melbourne and Sydney?