FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George Master Thread
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:09 pm
miles_navigator

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Why is Indigo Rome location so good?

I was hoping to stay at IC Rome using points/free night in late summer 2016 on family trip w/ kids. Of all the things my exact dates are sold out/ blacked out for cash and/or points at the IC Rome as of right now so I am planning to stay at the Indigo St. George instead.

I keep reading the Indigo location is really good but looking at the map I can't figure out why you guys like the location so much. I can see that you can walk around within 30 minutes and get to some ancient Rome sights. However, what is the best way to get to a subway station if you need it, is there a bus or just cab it?

I haven't been to Rome in 20+ years and back then my budget would only spare one of those small 2* hotels near Termini so I am not that up on my Rome geography but I do recall taking the subway a bit on that trip.

On this upcoming trip, I am planning to do a couple of semi-private tours so getting to a subway may be a non-issue. It looks like you can walk over to the Vatican. What about getting to the Colloesso area?