FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You Kick the Back of this Seat Again & I'll...........
Old Aug 28, 2002, 11:56 am
sfpaul900

I love the idea of a separate section for children. I was behind a seat-kicking child in a transcon business class section and i was ready to rip his little feet off. His father couldn't be bothered even talking to the kid, preferring to concentrate on his laptop, and ignoring the whole thing. If I had my way, children under 16 would be barred from 1) First Class 2) Business Class 3) the first half of coach 4) airline club rooms. I am so sick of parents who feel they are spending 'quality time' if they drag little Ashley or Hunter on a business trip with them. My father traveled quite a bit in the 1960's and I asked him once if he would take me along. He replied that, in his absence, he needed me to be 'the man of the house' and that was the end of that. If you want to spend time with your kids, then take a job that doesn't require you to be on the road. (I know several parents in my company who have done just that). Personally, I'm glad God made me gay so I'll never have to deal with kids of my own brecause I'd either tie them into the seat or give them a sleeping pill (go ahead, let me have it!)
Paul