FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is boarding early with children rude?
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:30 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by Steve_19
Most people without kids “get” it is a hassle and entails extra work and coordination – this is not hard a hard concept to understand. My point is why should your children trump my family / friends / co-workers in regards to boarding.
It's about time and traffic flow. If your family/friends/co-workers have an issue (medical, cognitive, or other similar) which reduces the speed at which they move or puts them at risk in crowded jetway or aisle, then allowing them to pre-board would be in the general interest.

I would say my philosophy is more “anti-entitled parents with children” then “anti-children”. Again, my issue is the entitlement many parents with children feel that they should get to board early or other such considerations.
Exactly how are people displaying the sense of entitlement you claim they possess? By taking advantage of a perk the airline offers? If that's all you've got, then by that same token every single person on FT falls in the same "entitled" category.

Sorry friend but having kids does not mean people without kids need to bend over backwards or make considerations on your behalf. Maybe I’m just an a** but I do not feel that sorry when I see parents having to schlep gear and other child related hassles – they did CHOOSE to have children, right?
Maybe spend a little time studying economic and sociological theories to better understand how those children are crucial to your own future?

Not sure where you are going with this. I do not need proof or “data” as I said for all things in life, but if the best people can give is anecdotal examples of family first boarding working better for everyone I would challenge that.
Again, try thinking without the hostility as shown in your repeated use of the word "entitled" when you mention children/parents.

Airlines attempt to act in their own best economic interests - can we agree on that?

Why do the majority of airlines allow families with small children to pre-board?

The economic goal of the airline is get planes out on time to avoid delays which would cost them $$$$. If their data did not show that pre-boarding children sped up the overall boarding process, why would they do it? It's certainly not for the sake of being nice, or because they like kids.