FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Indian Visa: What's my Timeframe?
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:01 am
BuildingMyBento
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Originally Posted by airindia787
The e-visa process can be done online. There is more information in the India forum, but from what I read the turnaround less than one day from the time you submit your application and payment, and the confirmation gets sent to your email. Once that is done, you have to print the confirmation and proceed to the visa counters on arrival. You can go through the process starting 30 days before but not later than 4 days before you arrive. You do need to upload a photo with the application.

That being said, if you intend on making frequent trips to India it could be wise to get a multiple entry visa from a consulate, as the e-visa is a single-entry visa and can only be done twice per year.
Appreciate the info, airindia787.

I'm looking to go to Nepal and India, but with the following possible itinerary:

Jaipur-Nepal (not sure yet if by land/air)-Patna, Kolkata. I'm not currently where it's easy to get a visa at a consulate/embassy. That said, given your report on the e-visa application, could I feasibly apply for two e-visas within two weeks of each other? (The limit is two per year, but are there any other limits?)

Thanks,
BmB