FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:53 am
jimmathin

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Plat AMB, HH Diamond, Delta Silver, Finnair Plat
Originally Posted by teammjs
Mia,

I think there are 2 issues:

1) the link you show is "new" (at least not part of the Wiki), clearly has the terms, but requires $4k spend.

2) the link I used a few months ago was a "standard" $3k spend with 6 months given for the cert expirations. In fact, if you click on the link in the Wiki, it still shows as 6 months in the terms.

I think the main question is: has Chase gone ahead and converted any new certs issued to 12 months regardless of the offer people signed up for? I purposely delayed getting the certs for 2 months to time the 6 months, so I may be one of the first to report a possible change.

The bottom-line is that people at minimum have a choice: they can apply for the "new" links that will definitely provide 12 months but require an extra $1k spend, or they can talk a chance and apply on a legacy $3k link and see if they will get the 12 months anyway.

It may be worth the extra $1k spend requirement for some to apply and know they can use the certs longer, unless others are reporting the same favorable outcome I have.
Originally Posted by mk712
Yes, it's been like this since April, this was covered a few months ago : http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-...-for-one-year/ (this refers to Marriott certificates but I would assume the Ritz certificates followed the same procedures)
I can also confirm now that I was approved October 1 with the $3,000/3 months = 2 certificates valid for 6 months and they were valid for 12 months when awarded today.