FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is boarding early with children rude?
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:52 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Steve_19
I agree that parents with a car seat boarding last would slow the process. However, again IME, many of the families I have seen are not bringing one of these along.
Boarding very young children last, even when no car seat is along, can slow down things way more than if boarding them very early on. Keep in mind that extra cabin baggage allowance is included for many such travel parties; keep in mind that there are non-car-seat child restraining devices approved for in-flight use; keep in mind that setting up the food and entertainment options for the young children takes some more time and space on average than it does for the average adult passenger; keep in mind that increased stressed out/anxiety levels for the accompanying adults is something that increases the odds of the young children acting out in ways that increase the disturbance levels.

The sooner the young children get situated and comfortable with comfort food and choice entertainment, the more likely it is that those young children on your flights end up not being as much (if at all) a disruptive nuisance.

My youngest relatives in the extended family do board early and do so frequently; but then again it's not that rare for these related children to have airline elite status, sometimes even higher than the parents or other accompanying adult(s). And yet the looks, even when boarding early on the same basis as the average premium cabin business traveler.

Is boarding early rude when it is makes things more convenient for the other travelers on the flight? I would say it is better described as being rather considerate.