FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:44 am
BobR

Just returned to this property after a four year absence. As a diamond I was put into a second floor balcony / riverview room. The rennovations were decent, bathroom now has a glass door shower instead of tub / shower combo. Fog free mirror and standard modern hyatt features in bath. BR rennovation is fine, room is very functional, but unremarkable.

The public areas of the hotel were shined up, but it smessentially the same as four years ago. Valet parking was $26 -- outrageous for anywhere in the South except for Savannah.

FDC was clear that room service was an option for diamond breakfast. Since I didn't have a morning schedule I decided to eat in the restrauant and found the buffett to be above average and appropriately Southern (e.g. grits and biscuits and gravy) The service was OK, but there was no staff at the omlet station for the 45 minutes I was there. The wait / FD staff were the first in about 10 stays to get my diamond breakfast billing correct.

I have always loved the hotel because of the shipwatching, so I overlooked the condition of the rooms. Fortunately, the hard product is now in much better condition. I think the HR Savannah is on roughly the same quality level as the HR New Orleans (but there is no lounge here). HR Savannah is now a property that I would recomend to non-shipwatchers.

Last edited by BobR; Nov 26, 2015 at 7:11 am