FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:17 am
jordan_h

IC New York Times Square

IC New York Times Square

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
The hotel is nice if you can ignore the area around it

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a standard king room on points. No upgrade because the hotel was at capacity, and upgrades aren't guaranteed on award stays, or so I was told. Oh well.

How are the rooms?
Standard king was nice - the bed was noticeably more comfortable than other IC's I've stayed at. Pretty big room, too - and a really nice bathroom with an excellent shower. Noise is an issue, though - honking horns and ambulence sirens all through the night. Good thing I brought a white noise machine!

What was your welcome gift?
I was offered a choice between a box of chocolates, 1000 points, or a $20 minibar credit. I took the credit.

How is the exec. lounge?
If this hotel has one, I didn't know about it.

What was good and what was bad?
Times Square suuuuuuuucks, and so I wouldn't stay here again. I wanted to book an IC on points and the other one in NYC was sold out. I'm now wishing I had saved some points and booked another IHG hotel somewhere else in the city instead.

Value for $? Would you return?
This hotel is insanely overpriced, IMO. It's only worth the $400 - $600 a night they usually charge if you have to be near Times Square and can't bear not to stay at an IC. I also felt like this hotel didn't have much personality - it's a generically nice hotel, but the other IC's I've been to seemed like they were designed to fit in with the city (Austin, Monterey, SF/Soma), whereas this one is really bland, albeit in an upscale way.