FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you can take only 1 piece of luggage (carry-on) abroad, what would it be?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:02 pm
altovintner

I am an advocate of ultra-light packing concepts, using a non-wheeled bag. This topic in all reality depends on the individual's preferences and goals. In my case, I have used an Eagle Creek Adventure Weekender bag. (http://shop.eaglecreek.com/ec-advent...g/d/1200_cl_-1)

Retails normally for $150, but can get it lower, such as $120 if you watch the sales. It can be carried by regular handles, shoulder strap, or backpack straps that can be tucked away. Have used this on quite a number of business trips and two Europe trips at about 16 days each.

On my last overseas trip, the bag and contents weighed in at 13.6 lbs. Fits easily in overheads, including the RJ bins. My packing list (not counting what I wore) included 2 pants, 6 shirts, 1 Patagonia lightweight vest, 1 long sleeve Icebreaker 150 shirt, 5 underwear, 5 sox, lightweight rain jacket, umbrella, 3-1-1 ziploc, ziploc with meds, and misc. other including toothbrush, safety razor, earbuds, cell phone charger. Often I use Eagle Creek packing folders/cubes, otherwise I bundle pack. I select my clothes so that they can be washed out in the sink and hung overnight to dry.

This method is not for everybody, but in my case, I would not travel any other way. One web site to check out for those of you who might be interested: www.1bag1world.com

Best wishes to all!