FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My $60,000 Trip Around The World In Emirates First Class For $300
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:24 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by HouFly
so how did he end up doing this and whats possible anymore? does EK have single flight numbers that go from SIN to AUS and then continue onto DXB? ... something like SIN-LAX via NRT, same flight number even tho it makes a stop.

doing this piece meal on the AS site doesnt seem feasible. I still think the multi-city segment is a joke. so he would have had to call in to put this together.
I could be wrong here.. but it seems he booked an award ticket and kept calling in to make changes. Maybe through trial and error he got an agent willing to type whatever route into the computer and if the system priced it out they let him add the change. There are a lot of lies and BS that he put out there. All the flights were not in first class, the ticket wasn't worth $60k, the taxes and fees didn't add up to what he said they were, he stated he booked this ticket fully online but his screenshots do not reflect this, etc...