FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Better choice than Como Shambhala Estate for relaxing vacation within 5 hrs from HKG?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:15 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Altocumulus
We did Aman Bali & Beyond (Nusa, Wana, Dari, Kila) around that time last year and were fortunate to have great weather for the entire trip, with the exception of torrential rain on the day of departure (we were also out of HKG, and pregnant...). I wouldn't do 4 properties in your timeframe but maybe two on Bali?

Personally if I were going to do one resort I would do Pulo (and indeed we are heading there in a few weeks) but I assume you may have ruled that out based on your plane comment? Amanoi is stunning and a great idea as previously mentioned. Sean F was recently telling us of some new activities/excursions he has been working on; they sound great (e.g. dinner at a local's house, a la Pak Bilal's house at 'Jiwo..)
If budget isn't a big part of the decision, OP could go to Pulo and charter a jet out of Manila. I believe the runway is now long enough to accommodate. Of course their rates and the cost of the jet will make things considerably more expensive than the other alternatives. However, maybe OP has partial ownership or something... I am not making assumptions, just providing alternatives.