FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - El Chalten<>Cuevas de las Manos-->Ushuaia Tips and Itinerary Feedback
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:53 am
philip0

Originally Posted by fedechat
Torres del Paine should be another great option for your 2 weeks Patagonia trip.
Don't take a private transfer, get the bus, is cheaper and the seat will be more comfortable that a regular car.
Appreciate the tip(s). Two additional questions for you.

I finally realized the Walichu caves are actually "reproductions" by a private landowner to "provide tourists of the experience of seeing what a cave painting might have looked like", so of course that was one day-trip crossed off my list.

Do you think Torres del Paine is worth doing if we only have a single day for it? Under present itinerary we have 6 nights in El Chalten; 2 nights in El Calafate before flying to Ushuaia; and then 5 nights in Ushuaia before the flight back to BsAs. The flight to Ushuaia and hotel there can be changed or refunded: so would you recommend trading time in Ushuaia for a trip to TDP?

We're already committed to at least three full day trail hikes in El Chalten, the guided Viedma glacier boating / hiking tour everyone raves about, and spending one of our days in El Calafate seeing Perito Moreno {whether on the footbridges or hiking tour is TBD}. I could probably cancel the FTE->USH plane tickets and get to Ushuaia by bus if we make a detour to TDP from Calafate, this is something we considered but sounded hectic. I think we're also having trouble getting excited about these long bus rides given a preexisting bias against that mode of transportation. Thanks for your feedback.