FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections to US Pre-Clearance at YYZ: No more waiting for bag images!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:04 pm
flyquiet

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Often1
+1 - It doesn't matter. Whoever screwed up and lost or misplaced the bag, it is the final delivering carrier which must arrange for delivery and make compensation to the passenger. That carrier can then settle up with the "screwing" up carrier, but this does not involve the passenger.

The greatest mistake is to pursue two different carriers at the same time. Confusing messages in the system and routinely, the bags take longer. In this case, the carrier handling YYZ-MCO would be responsible.
Agree 100% - in fact, my heart went out to AC one time when it actually was LH that failed to load my bag, but AC had to do the search and retrieval and delivery, but that's the rule. AC even had to pay me the cost of the items I had to replace due to the fact I needed them before they could deliver the bag.

In this case, it was all on AC.

My snark was not about who was responsible, but about why they would even bother making excuses. It doesn't matter. Blaming SK (who was totally not responsible, clearly, as AC carried the bag from LHR to YYZ long after SK handed it over) is stupid. Not only does it not matter, but given the bag video system at YYZ, their excuse is false on the face of it, and what I mind probably 500% more than the airline losing my bag (since they are going to deliver it and possibly compensate me anyway) is the airline giving me weaselly answers, lying to my face, and blowing smoke about the fate of my bag.