FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Private Airport Security Screeners v TSA [merged threads]
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:40 pm
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gingersnaps
Who said anything about any group being "the best way to meet that obligation".
Isn't the core question a matter of who best should carry out airport security screenings?

I recall news cast that mention inconsistent policies from screening company to screening company - this inconsistency lead to the creation of TSA, which by many accounts maintains a similar inconsistency.
The FAA was the regulatory agency before 9/11. Are you suggesting government failed in its regulatory responsibilities thereby helping set the stage for 9/11?

I do not agree that the obligation should fall to the private sector. And testimony about TSA has been very disappointing regarding its role in airport security.
Government should have little daily impact in our lives. The safety of airplanes and travelers should be the responsibility of the airlines, however I concede the point of having one agency in charge of standardization.

I think that is a different discussion. The "intrusion" is minimal. And what makes the intrusion any less offensive if a private entity is perform under contract with the Federal Government?

Do you have a KTN? If so, do you think there is no ongoing intrusion into your life for you to remain eligible for PreCheck?
The intrusion is substantial. I do not have a KTN and refuse to buy into TSA's attempts to pit travelers against each other.

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Nov 22, 2015 at 4:47 pm