FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:58 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Cymro
Agree with the Sportage comments on legroom - it also handles well and the engine is pleasingly eager.

However, I ended up exchanging the Kia because the glue on one of the window seals had dried up, which meant that it was hanging down and slapping against the car. I'd have just taped it up if it were my own car but I didn't want to deal with a damage claim and you could see where the glue had gone...

I now have a Nissan Qashqai instead.

Incidentally, having had both an Impala and a Chrysler 300 from Hertz, in each case 2015s with about 1,000 miles on the clock - which does GW McClintock (or anyone else) prefer?

I think I should prefer the 300 from the way it drove - very eager and surprisingly rewarding when pressing on - but there's something about the Impala as a means of transportation that just 'fits'.
Impala LTZ hands down.

Impala LT (assuming it has a V6 and not the four-banger)... it's a draw.

Ironically, although the LTZ is much better equipped, I think I still like the LaCrosse more I do agree with your sentiments about the Impala, though. The 300 drove very nicely, but I'm not a fan of the gear selector knob (and no paddle shifters or anything to change gears otherwise) and the 8-speed (I think?) can be a little jerky. I get the same fuel economy in the 6-speed GMs.

-J.