FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Private Airport Security Screeners v TSA [merged threads]
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:01 am
gingersnaps

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
You must have me confused with someone else.

I am not against the idea of Manage Inclusion but I do think initial screening should use the same standards as Pre Check for everyone. I do have serious doubts that TSA BDO's can pick anyone out of a crowd who is a lesser threat. I don't think I posted against free rides for Pre Check and I certainly don't support the proposed law that would end Pre Check for those who haven't paid. I have benefited from that exact situation several times.

But I am definitely Pro, I am Pro to the idea of ending the reign of TSA. It was a bad idea in the beginning and has proven over time to be a bad idea going forward.

Now, I asked several questions of you in an earlier post and you have conveniently not addressed a one of them.

Can you only attack but never respond to other ideas?
You need to read your second to last post to understand the "pro TSA" context.

As for pilots or anyone else, I do not have an opinion.

I agree Federal oversight should be required. As I recall a lack of regualtion is what contributed to 9/11. Post 9/11, a knife or any type of blade is not going to be effective. But we should not turn back the clock and allow every security firm to create their own individual policies. But that is not the point of this thread.

This thread is based on the premise that private screeners provide no meaningful benefit to the traveling public, so we shouldn't clamour so desperately for private screeners.