FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade to Surpass Honors AmEx: Earn 50,000+ bonus points
Old Nov 22, 2015, 2:42 am
SPLP007

Originally Posted by travelsg
Do NOT upgrade, folks..

I have had the no-fee Hilton card since 2012. In may, after logging into my account online, I received a message saying I've been pre-approved to upgrade to Surpass, and will get 50k hilton points after spending $3k. So I clicked the link, and was told to call instead.

So I called the number, and confirmed the offer with the phone rep and proceeded with the upgrade.

Met the spending requirement, and called a few days later. Was told I would get the 50k in 1-2 billing cycles.

Waited 2 billing cycles, but no points. Called again, a floor manager said she will look into it.

Another month went by, no points. I called again, and was told I never had the offer. When I asked is it just me not getting it, or this offer doesn't exist? The reply was "50k points was never an offer to the upgrade".

Ended up cancelling the card.

So don't trust Amex on this... and their customer service (in India) is very disappointing to say the least... save your self some trouble, and do NOT upgrade on this card..
Worked for me - got the 50k last week-points in my Hilton account and show on amex site-posted as soon as I finished spend