FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important updates to Air Canada Altitude in 2015
Old Nov 21, 2015, 12:47 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
1) Has Altitude 2015 affected your travels with Air Canada? (e.g. did you book with other carriers as a result of the program changes?)
2) Are you spending more or less time in the back of the plane now?
3) Has your spend with AC gone up or down? (and was it a result of the Altitude 2015 changes?)
1. Yes. It has made me less inclined to stick to AC/*A. I've actually flown more miles on AC this year in absolute terms due to an increase in travel, but have spent a lot more time on other carriers, some *A, some not.

2. Not really, but a lot of my work travel is fairly last-minute, and I'll pick routings that allow me to upgrade, while a lot of personal travel is paid J. I've had to work harder at working the system (both AC's and my company's expense policies) to make this happen though.

3. I've had a massive increase in travel this year, so total spend might be up, but less than it would be if I had flown the same proportion of my travels on AC as I did last year.