FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:46 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by manda99
Nope. No message or prompt. Just declined. And I asked the cashier if I should try the chip slot and he said no. And, honestly, for a $2 coffee at rush hour, I wasn't really going to experiment. I sent a message to Revolut service after and they confirmed that the problem was the terminal wanted to process it as chip and pin.
If they were able to tell you that it sounds like the transaction at least got submitted to Revolut. Perhaps it's some sort of fraud protection gone amok on their end.

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
but ... I don't own a card reader for Cardpeek yet. I'd be willing to pick one up at Best Buy (and return it afterwards, as I honestly don't need one otherwise). Tuesday looks like the most likely day to get it - what exactly should I be looking for when I get there (or ask for help with)? I'm fairly certain that it'll be online PIN only, but we might as well check.

Thanks in advance!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/belkin-u...&skuId=6992214 -- something like that should work.