FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montage Kapalua vs FS Maui vs Andaz Maui: pros and cons for each?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:49 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by bhrubin
For anyone who doesn't require air con and/or who likes it a bit warmer in the room, I think the FS Haulalai is a spectacularly beautiful property. I am disappointed that their air con system cannot accommodate my requirements, but it is what it is. Presumably, they no longer have such dramatic and consistent service failures as I experienced years ago--it was just very wrong place, very wrong time for us, perhaps.

The FS Haulalai is likely the most beautiful property in all of Hawaii I've thus far seen...though the StR Princeville on Kauai unquestionably has the best view/location of any property in Hawaii IMO.
That's a shame about air con issues at Hualalai. I agree it is a beautiful property.

How do rates compare between Andaz and FS Maui for the relevant categories? I know you have said that price is not an issue, but particularly if Andaz were a value proposition (perhaps if a GP suite upgrade were available), I would be tempted to take a gamble on it instead of staying at FS Maui. Plus, multiple reports of very effective air con (almost too cold for some) definitely sounds like a plus for you.

Re StR Princeville, are there any categories of suites that are especially nice? I have heard mixed reviews about the property, but that view does look beautiful.