FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spirit says "Lower fares generally available at the airport."
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:40 am
wcalvert

Originally Posted by flavorflav
First time Spirit flyer here. Went to the airport in Orlando (MCO) today and bought four one-way tickets MCO-MSP for Christmas Eve. The online price was $88 per person all inclusive, but in person it was $65, for a savings of $23 per person or $92 overall. Flying four people to the Midwest for Christmas for $260 one way is not a bad deal.

I did not think to ask for seat assignments and they were not offered. The Spirit agent could not have been nicer or more efficient - I think we were done in five minutes, despite me booking four tickets and paying cash. She acted like people plunk down 13 $20 bills in front of her every day. It was technically $260.40 and I gave her $261 - she had 60 cents back to me immediately. I expected a help desk call.

I got into line just at the right time - about a dozen families traveling same day queued up behind me. I was in and out in an hour. Airport parking is $2.

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread. It gave me the confidence to make the trip to the airport (30 min each way) and try my luck.
Really glad that worked out well!!! I'm rather shocked they actually had change haha.

And getting to the spirit desk at the right time is most of the battle in my mind.