FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:03 am
mitpat474

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by discountsae
I emailed [email protected] to inquire about the status of my claim. Their response was that they never received a claim, which is bunk. I made a new reservation and made a new claim. I also replied to their email with a pdf of my new claim. Has this situation been happening to others??

Here is their response to my initial email:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the XXXXXXXXX. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this.

To briefly explain what the Guarantee is, this is basically a website-to-website comparison program. If any of our guest who have booked on an IHG website find a lower rate on a third-party website within twenty-four (24) hours after making the booking for the exact same reservation they may submit an online claim form. We would then verify if the reported rate meets the Terms and Conditions of the program and can be compared to the reservation that was booked with us. Please be advised that an active reservation booked online under the “Best Available” rate preference is required in order for us to verify a lower rate.

Reporting to IHG of a Claim. You must contact us using the online claim form within twenty-four (24) hours after completing your valid room booking on any IHG website to make a claim under the Best Price Guarantee. In addition, the claim must be submitted at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the standard check-in time at the applicable IHG hotel. The average nightly lower room price and lower total room cost must be available for booking at the time of claim verification and both must be lower than those found on an IHG website, as determined by IHG customer service representatives, and in IHG’s sole discretion.

We have double checked our database and we were unable to see any claim that you have sent to us for confirmation # XXXXXXXX. We would like to assure you that IHG customer service representatives for Best Price Guarantee are available 24/7 to handle e-mail claims. At the same time, there could be inevitable circumstances that we do not have control of. In our commitment to provide you with the highest level of service in the industry and whilst we make every attempt to ensure that we are able to accommodate our valued guests' preferences, some program features may not meet your expectations. Rest assured that you can look forward to our continued and ceaseless efforts to improve on our program and services.

Based on the result of the verification, your reservation shall remain at the rate it was originally booked at. We appreciate your interest in filing for the Best Price Guarantee and encourage you to learn more about our program and to reference our Terms and Conditions by visiting www.ihg.com/bestprice.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
hence the inverted commas, just re submit.