FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEATTLE - Grand or Olive 8 ??
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:47 pm
jkjetsetters

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Seattle: Hyatt Olive 8 or Grand Hyatt?

We will be in Seattle for my husband's work conference from Saturday, January 2nd, 2016 to Friday, January 8th. We want to stay at either the Hyatt Olive 8 or the Grand Hyatt, and use a Diamond Suite Upgrade. I've read through both hotel review threads & the confirmed DSU thread, as well as TripAdvisor. At one point or another during my research I've sold myself on one property, but then something sways me to the other one (total over-thinker here). Neither FT thread has many recent reviews, so I'm hoping a couple people might chime in here. It'll only be our second stay as Diamonds & second DSU use (1st of both is next week), so I'm just not really sure what to go for.

Things I'm curious about:
-Better room overall

-Work space: I'll be working remotely the whole week so I need a comfortable work space. Is either hotel's suite better than the other, or your standard desk area? The separate office in the Governor's suite at Olive 8 looks nice, but I don't necessarily need that much space.

-Is Wi-Fi noticeably better at either hotel?

-Are the rooms at one hotel any quieter than the other? I'm a light sleeper & also appreciate the quiet while working.

-At the GH, the lounge is your only option for breakfast, correct? Reviews make it sound pretty crappy, while reviews for Urbane's breakfast at Olive 8 sound pretty appealing. (con is a sit down meal would take longer)

-Other food options: Since I'll be working from the hotel, some days I may not have time to leave the property for lunch. Which offers more/better overall food options?

-Does Olive 8 really only have 37" TVs, even in suites? Not a big deal but I do sometimes watch TV in the background while working.

-Not that we expect or need to get upgraded to a nicer suite than the base level DSU one, but it seems like people have better odds of being upgraded at the GH, any experiences with that?

Thanks in advance, any & all thoughts are appreciated!