FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The RYANAIR thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:40 pm
the_gironian

The RYANAIR thread

Hello fellow FTers!

After being on this forum for a while I would like to do some contributions! I was looking for information on Ryanair and, although I know that this is not a dumpable airline (of course) and that I would obviously not find it in main posts, I thought I was going to find something. But I didn't!

So I would like to start this post with some tips that are very useful when flying with them:

24h grace period
When you buy a ticket you have, as the name implies, a 24h period for FREE changes in routes, times, name... anything. You can even do a RT from a different airport, if you ask (something you can't do when booking), i.e. BCN - BRU, CRL - GRO. You can only touch two countries, though.

Free Priority Q
If you are one of the last passengers to check in, chances are high that you get a "paying seat". The reason is simple: as people check in the system assigns them a free seat. If they run out of free seats, they will start giving the non-free seats. And these seats come with Priority Q!

Mobile APP
When you're travelling with Ryanair it is nice to have that app, specially because you can check in with your mobile phone and have the boarding pass right there. This means no need for printing and being environmentally friendly!

Luggage
There have recently been changes in their policy regarding cabin luggage. The last times I've flown with them I was carrying a big suitcase and a normal backpack and had no problems.

Flight prices
This might be one of the trickiest, but still there are some interesting tricks. You can know almost for sure that a price is not going to go down if you see the "X seats remaining at this price" mark. And you can see the next price if you do a search with more passengers than seats remaining! If you don't see the scary sentence, then the price might get lower during one of their usual promotions.

When to book
I think the best time is 3 to 5 weeks in advance of the flight. Anyways if you find what you think it's a good price get it! The lowest it can get recently is 5 - 6€, but that is rare. Normal lowest is 10€.

That's more or less all I have to share at the moment! I hope it is useful for your next trips with them. It is deffinitely not the best airline, but by far the cheapest. And please feel free to contribute if you have anything to add!

Last edited by the_gironian; Nov 19, 2015 at 1:48 pm Reason: Corrections