FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:10 am
mauld

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
A new day here in Cancun with clear sunny skies. Turned on the tv, but severe pixelation is on every channel. Also be aware that they do offer 4 kids programming,but all are in Spanish. Of the 49 channels, only 2 are in English, but due to the aforementioned pixel issues, it doesn't matter. And you are in Cancun so what are you doing in your room watching tv
Bathroom is large with big walk in rainshower (no tub), and high end toiletries-KenetMD. Drain had some issues, so if you take a long shower, you'll most likely flood the room. Interesting feature- if you get up at night and step on the floor bedside, the light goes on in the entrance way and bath! Large fluffy bath towels and double sinks. The only mirror is in the bathroom, so it may be interesting if 2 or more are getting ready at the same time. None of the ice machines were working on any of the floors I checked-4, but was told that would be fixed soon and they would deliver ice to me. PS- regarding club room amenities, the hotel guide with info and room service menu does state: Special welcome beverage, Daily stocked in room mini bar with beers, top shelf liquors, sodas, juices and snacks, Modern gourmet in room Nespresso coffee system...none of which were evident in my room except for the 2 cans of lite beer and 4 cans of soda. So yesterday's situation with the Club Concierge asking me for proof via my printed out reservation, was not truly necessary. I wlll be checking out at 11 this morning, and as Platinum hadn't expected (and didn't receive) anything more than what my reservation stated. Actually, come to think of it, I got less. Although at check in my status was acknowledged. All in all this will most likely be a fantastic hotel, and it has only been open 3 days and appears to still be working out the kinks.
At check out, I was asked how was my stay, and I began to list the issues, the agent wrote them down and apologized. Strangely enough I did not receive any receipt of my bill, I asked for it and was told they do not give them out unless added charges were made. Checking my credit card when I got home, I did see that I was charged and it appears higher than what my rate quote was--maybe they put a certain amount as a 'hold', but as I have no written receipt, not sure of what was charged.

Last edited by mauld; Nov 18, 2015 at 5:45 pm