FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JUST THE FACTS: 2016 AAdvantage Program Changes Announced 17 Nov 2015
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:06 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by josmul123
I'm seeing what appears to be the same incorrect information coming through this thread over and over by a particular individual.

NOBODY knows exactly when the new RDM accrual rules will kick in yet (Unless JonNYC is withholding). We're being told "Second half of 2016" which most certainly does not mean June, as June is part of the first half of the year.

Your RDM accrual works the same way it did in 2015 for at least the first half of 2016. So stop freaking out.
I agree there is some confusion here. The document I had stated:

Beginning in late 2016, award miles for flights will be calculated differently. Award miles will be calculated based on the base fare purchased minus any taxes and fees, but including carrier-imposed surcharges for flights marketed by American Airlines (sold as an AA flight number).
That does, indeed, seem to have changed to "Second half of 2016" in th final version. But with a promise of ample notice. And, in no event would it be -any- sooner than July 2016-- with anything even near that early being far less likely than, say, a September/October/later window-- again, with a lot of notice.