FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:20 pm
Lunacy111

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Intercontinental Ambassador, Delta
Question Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson? Help me decide!

I am torn and just need to decide! Have a trip to NYC next April, and will be arriving at EWR around noon on Wed April 6. Wanting to do a points plus cash stay, and won't be at the hotel too much. Going to a Broadway show in the evening and probably out in the city in the afternoon.

Originally thought I might do Grand Hyatt but the reviews and posts here steered me away from that, and decided on Union Square since everyone here seems to like it so much. But they don't have points plus cash anymore. I am staying on points plus cash the next night at Andaz Fifth Avenue.

Kind of leaning toward the Hyatt in Jersey City, as it's apparently right by the PATH station, and seems to be spoken well of here. It's available for $100 and 7500 points. The other options are Grand Hyatt and Andaz 5th Avenue, which is offering a Large King for $150 and 12,500 points. Would kind of like to check out another Hyatt, since I'm new to the brand, and save $/points, but wondering if I'm missing out by not taking advantage of Andaz 5th Avenue for another night.

Location isn't really a deal breaker, as I was already planning on taking NJ Transit/Subway from EWR to Union Square, and I'm fine with taking the PATH into NYC for the one night.

What do you think?