FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Changes for 2016 - DISCUSSION, REACTION & POLL
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:07 pm
PaulInTheSky

1. For four eVIPs, you can only hold on to the upgrade to J for up to maximum 40k EQMs(assuming cheap Y fares purchased). For the rest of EXP re-qualification, 60k, you are on your own.

It's official for me to:

1. Book J right out to fly CX, or QR instead of gunning for HKG-DFW and hoping to upgrade.
2. Getting partner J will remain exactly the same qualification as before - 1.5 EQPs. For those who complain about the partner earning not matching the AA J earning, can you get a great hard+soft product on AA premium? We all know the answer is no, so it's a tradeoff. Flying partner J will still get us LT miles, so I am ok with that.
3. Only two RTs of DFW-HKG every year. Not even entertaining to get up to 200k for eight eVIPs, unless AA is disclosing a way to get to LT EXP.
4. burn AA miles for partner F flights.

Can't believe I am flying AA less. It's time for everybody to just start kayaking. I am too, just in a sense of kayaking for J right out of the box.

JohnNYC, do you know whether partner premium cabin will just get us class of service bonus along with base miles, and that's it? Will there be something like what Delta has been doing for KL/AF(100% bonus for top elite, 80% for PLT)...I hope there will still be elite bonus for the partner premium flights.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Nov 17, 2015 at 9:12 pm