FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 405 miles from Diamond - advice?
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:13 pm
Felixishim

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by DiverDave
how do you get 50K MQMs out of one DL reserve card?

In any case, recommend you take Diamond now, as the benefits will likely be less in 2017.

David
lol true as

DL Reserve you either get 15k or 30k MQMs
DL Platinum you either get 10k or 20k MQMs

maybe OP has both and max both?

anyways, according to google flight
if it is just the cheapest round trip flight out of NYC with DL that earn enough MQM (which is ANY flight as there is a 500 MQM min)

LGA I believe is better for easier commute for NY travelers most of the time,
LGA to up state new york are as low as $91 Round Trip!:
they are have this fare in 2nd week in December:

LGA-SYR-LGA $91
LGA-BUF-LGA $91
LGA-BTV-LGA $91
(BASIC ECONOMY FARE, E Class!)
(You get no upgrade and priority boarding and C+ but all flight from LGA has no FC anyways)

V fare that gives you priority boarding and seat selection is at $110 as there is no upgrade on LGA-SYR/BUF/BTV flight

if comfort is important like OP want to ride in FC for this short mileage run consider DTW and MSP and such

All roundtrip flight to ANYWHERE you will get at least 1,000 MQMs
BTV is the furthest with this price, you can also pay $100 to DTW, $120 to MSP.

you can try to call in to DL if it say book with a travel agent.
i have had a fare that they can not price it so i went on the ITA website and read them the fare structure and they was able to give me the same price as well.

KAYAK is also a good option like NYC-DTW (use NYC for better fare)
Delta.com just can't price the lower price automatically! when it can not price the google flight at $100
it priced Dec 10 LGA-DTW-JFK for $120 on V (ALL flight has F Cabin)

IF small price differences matters a lot then other benefits OP can also book one way on DL
then back with another Low cost carrier

in anycase even though in 2017 DM may have less benefit if OP qualify for 2016 DM it is not very bad yet
as choice of 4 GUCs + Gift a GM status for international travels lounges for one or 2 free bags on all domestic DL flights? and individual SkyClub that can use while OP travel on ANY carrier not just DL like co-brand card does"

and as OP said he wanted SDC co-hub in NYC (JFK,EWR or LGA) which is long a unpublished benefit of DM (which also someone had report it has not success recently but only one case or a few so far

Last edited by Felixishim; Nov 17, 2015 at 10:34 pm