FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:18 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I'm traveling mid-Dec on a SFO-EWR-ZRH-DEL flight in J. UA LX LX. Reading about these reliability issues has got me a little bit worried; our connection in EWR is only 1h44min. It's followed by two flights which I cannot miss to get me to Delhi.

Do you think I should attempt to change the earlier flight to give myself some room? How much room do I need?

Or should I attempt to take the SFO-ZRH direct (originally routed through EWR for the extra PQMs + RPU p.s. promo)? According to great circle mapper, taking the EWR detour adds ~670 miles, so *1.5 for J, that'd cost me 1k PQM. I'm at a total of 103k PQM for the year, so I can probably afford the 1k loss. Are there any ways I can make this change without paying extra considering I'm on a cheap P fare that cost me ~$2700 round trip?