FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: Plats at 75 nights/year = 4 points per $ and Your24 check-in time
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:33 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by seawolf
Thanks for all the replies.

I called Sheraton directly and they did offer confirmed 6PM instead of 8PM. Decided to go to the Grand Hyatt instead. They have a "locals" rate that offer a 24 hour stay (checkout the same time checked in the night prior).

The whole experience disgusts me. As of this moment (less than 48 hours to my requested checkout time), spg.com reporting. 15+ Superior rooms avail in King. 15+ Superior rooms avail in 2 Singles. 15+ Superior rooms avail in 1 Singles. 15+ Deluxe rooms avail in 2 Singles. Another 15+ Deluxe rooms avail in King.

So they are telling me that they expect to sell 75+ rooms in the next 48 hours. I didn't even count the higher room types that Platinum can get upgraded to.
Also keep in mind as confirmed in the SNA thread, properties will offer more rooms than they have, so the margin just might be a lot slimmer than you think. I don't have specifics on this property but some have very good statistics about load factors and may be willing to go out on a limb to get more bookings but don't want to over extend otherwise.