FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: Plats at 75 nights/year = 4 points per $ and Your24 check-in time
Old Nov 16, 2015, 5:19 pm
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by seawolf
Thanks for all the replies.

I called Sheraton directly and they did offer confirmed 6PM instead of 8PM. Decided to go to the Grand Hyatt instead. They have a "locals" rate that offer a 24 hour stay (checkout the same time checked in the night prior).

The whole experience disgusts me. As of this moment (less than 48 hours to my requested checkout time), spg.com reporting. 15+ Superior rooms avail in King. 15+ Superior rooms avail in 2 Singles. 15+ Superior rooms avail in 1 Singles. 15+ Deluxe rooms avail in 2 Singles. Another 15+ Deluxe rooms avail in King.

So they are telling me that they expect to sell 75+ rooms in the next 48 hours. I didn't even count the higher room types that Platinum can get upgraded to.
It's not Starwood - it's that specific HK Sheraton property. They play games, always have. I had to fight to get a Suite upgrade. At check in all suites showed as available yet they claimed they were sold out. I said, I could book one right now via the website for a fee. So you are lying. Eventually a manager came out and gave me one of the sold out and unavailable suites. The property does everything it can to avoid giving SPG benefits. Shame that as it's a good property otherwise.