FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYP - Downstairs Boarding Stopped
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:57 pm
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by dwan
How do folks find out what gate to use when downstairs? Do they just listen for the announcement, or is it posted somewhere? I like to avoid the waiting area level altogether.
The only way to tell is if you're riding a train that does not originate in NYC and if they post the track on the arrivals board before they make the departure announcement (which they usually but do not always do). So, for example, I usually am riding a Boston-bound train that originated in Washington, DC. So I find my train on the arrivals board by looking for a train arriving from Washington, DC that has the same train number as my departure to Boston. Usually they'll post the arrival track several minutes before the train arrives in the station, giving you time to get to the track level before the train is there, and before they've announced the departure track over the PA. I don't think there are any monitors showing arrivals on the lower level. There are two on the upper level by the entrance to the station at 8th Ave. and 31st St., two on the upper level by the entrance to the station at 8th Ave. and 33rd St., and two on the upper level by the entrance to the station off of the connector road (now closed to traffic) that runs under MSG between 31st and 33rd Sts., halfway between 7th and 8th Avenues.