FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Only 3 Amex card applications allowed in 90 days? [USA]
Old Nov 15, 2015, 11:05 am
bfwolf

Max number of cards in a few months?

I have 3 Amex cards (had 4 but canceled one last night). Today I applied for the Hilton HHonors card, was told my application was pending, and then got an email with a link to check my status. The link showed 3 cards: the two approvals I got for the Starwood personal and business cards back on August 18 and then "Canceled" for the Hilton card. The explanation was:

"Thank you for applying for the Hilton HHonorsTM Card from American Express. We value your Membership and appreciate your interest in another American Express Card. We regret we are unable to approve this request.

The reason for our decision is that you have reached the maximum number and type of Cards that we will approve within the period of a few months."

Is there a 2 card in 3 months rule? I thought I had applied for these Starwood cards on August 13 but going back through my emails I see that it was on the 18th. Oh well.

If I call them in a few days (i.e. after 3 months has passed), am I likely to get a different answer?