FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed 8-0-1: Amendment to TB Guidelines
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:11 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by dchristiva
So I will ask again, if the "snark" or "bickering" doesn't go away with the next installment of TB, what would you (or any other candidate who wants to answer, for that matter) do to stem it?

Clearly I am different from the rest of you. I'm not going to sit quietly while others impede progress just because they can (in the case of waiting a full 14 days to vote when the outcome has already been decided). I know that issue has, presumably, been addressed, but something else is apt to arise that will limit or prohibit progress. That whole, "the good does not have to be the enemy of the perfect" thing. Sometimes "close" is good enough.
You can grit ypur teeth, but you were not entitled to anything on day 6 when the voting period was and is 14 days.

This, as we've mentioned, is nothing new. Sharon and I were bith on TalkBoard when this happened time after time on every vote. It's why the measure that voting results be announced as soon as the required number of votes were received was proposed and passed in the first place.

The new amendment is a positive step, but a 7-day voting period also makes a lot of sense, especially as connected as even the busiest travelers are.

Finally, when you represent FT, there is an inherent responsibility to be polite under most circumstances. Having to wait an extra week to roll out a forum doesn't strike me as end-of-the-world stuff.