FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:24 pm
JimmyJoe

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
HI East Taipei

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Spire Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked: 1 Double Bed Deluxe Room
Received: 2 Bedroom Executive Deluxe Suite

How are the rooms?
It had two small bedrooms, a small bathroom, small living room and small dining room. There was a small refrigerator and bad hot tea.

How is the exec. lounge?
Given lounge access for free. There was no charge when friends joined. The lounge was just fine for a HI -- Nothing special. There was an okay balance of foods (western/Asian).

What was good and what was bad?
The breakfast was not the most tasty. I prefer cold mike for cereal but the milk was warm. I also prefer congee with ginger, fish, egg, or pork. This congee had none.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Great value and I will return. Uber taxi or hotel van to city center was worth the cost savings. However, if there were an IHG property in the cit center, I would have booked it.

Notes:
+This hotel gets lots of tour groups. There can be many people in the lobby area on their phone and socializing.

++At check in (mid Oct), the agent said I was his second Spire ever! Crazy.

+++The staff were very nice. At check in the agent went above and beyond to make me feel welcome and taken care of without being annoying.

++++I emailed the hotel inquiring about an early check in. They had no problem with checking in at 8am.