FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA - The 2015 Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:26 pm
passy777

Originally Posted by nobbyclark
There was a DYK gold card holder on a flight from NCL-LHR last Wednesday. Because he and his 2 companions boarded late, there was no room for their luggage above row 1. They had all their luggage put in overheads above other seats so we could take off on time. During the flight, Mr DYK kept banging on about there being no space and demanded that a crew bag be removed from the space above row 2 to accommodate his. Eventually the crew gave in and repatriated his and his companions' bags towards the front, at the expense of the poor VS crew member's bag that was shunted down the back.
Lol......let me enlighten you as I suspect I am the person (DYKWIA) you are referring to.

Myself, wife and daughter did not board late, we boarded with the rest of the passengers, albeit not first on board, but possibly half the flight had indeed boarded.

As you correctly observed, the overhead bins in row one were full (a crew bag with attached luggage tag indicating this being the main offending item) ensured that none of my family members could store luggage in the bin above our row, or indeed those in the vicinity.

Due to the continuous boarding process, we could not move anywhere with our cabin bags as the aisle was just way too congested.

I certainly did mention to a member of the CC (hardly banging on) why Crew feel the need to place luggage in row 1 and incidentally, there was more than the apparent VS crew members baggage in the bin although I wasn't aware the offending bag was a VS crew member - but one wonders why that person felt the need to dump their bag in row 1 when they were seated further back.

Let me make this clear, I never 'demanded' that the offending bag should be removed - that is a blatant fabrication - indeed, my wife is laughing at your post as I read it out.......Why make up a load of tosh?

I must admit though that the crew were excellent and did indeed retrieve our bags from the bins down the back (they contained valuables) and they were thanked accordingly.

By the way, the crew bag was not 'shunted down the back' of the plane, it was removed from the bin above and placed in the wardrobe in front of 1abc as the flight was full and obviously the bins were pretty well rammed full all the way back.

How you can suggest that we were at risk of delaying the flight when we were just stuck with nowhere to go during the boarding process or indeed to assume that I was a gold card holder is beyond me......but hey, don't let the truth spoil a good story eh?

Last edited by passy777; Nov 12, 2015 at 4:33 pm Reason: Addition