FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Motion Passed 8-0-1: Amendment to TB Guidelines
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:11 pm
tcook052
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Exactly. "Resort". It's not a starting point. Fail to vote without communicating why or hold a process hostage and I'm going to convey that action to the membership and call you out for it. Because that's what it deserves. TB members have taken on a clearly defined role. We all know what the job entails on the front end. Can't do it? Don't run? Can't do it after you've taken on the job? Resign and let someone else do the job. It's really simple.

There's a huge difference between random snark for no reason and being called on the carpet for shirking one's duty. That's part of being a team. Again, I want to be held to the same standard. If I don't pull my weight, tell me and the membership in no uncertain terms.
I recall when a TB member was removed for dereliction of their duties and it was done without any of the vitriol seen in recent times so it is possible to hold members responsible for their actions or inaction without "going negative".

Originally Posted by bdscholbel
I confess that some of us became a bit snarky when publicly (and privately) discussing the situation.
I appreciate that admission Bruce as the snark factor has been quite evident recently and all I'm saying is I don't believe it needed to be to still accomplish things. I'll leave it at that however.