FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for help choosing hotels in Rome/Florence/Venice
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:44 pm
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Pausanias
After having booked the penthouse suite at the Albergo del Senato I cancelled it when I saw some extremely disappointing photos. I then booked through the R&C 5C member concierge service the Raphael. This looked like the perfect solution - the ideal area and a nice junior suite with highly contemporary decor. I then had an email from the hotel saying they could not offer wifi and that their restaurant was strictly vegetarian/vegan with raw dishes. I asked for confirmation as I could not believe what I was reading. They did confirm it, so I cancelled. They also wanted to charge me 110 Euros for a one-way airport pick-up.

I'm currently booked at a place called FortySeven - perfect area, gorgeous-looking terrace suite, complimentary airport transfers. What can go wrong?
Raphael looks nice in my eyes, but no Rome-trip planed so far. Depending on car the transfer-rate seems to be average. No wifi is weak indeed