FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking KLM using AS miles
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:08 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
OP you might need to broaden your net a bit.

YVR-AMS is operated by KLM and might be an easier grab than LAX. SFO-CDG is usually somewhat decent for availability in J, IMO. if you can book it as a round trip, it's worth considering DL, they have 100% lie flat over the ocean and i have seen flights like SEA-LHR, PDX-AMS, and SLC-CDG having decent J availability on DL.com at the lowest levels, which presumably would also be accessible with AS miles. i fly DL quite a bit TATL, and the service and comfort levels are just fine. in fact, headed to EU on Friday on DL metal, looking forward to it.
Thanks for this. It's funny as I was just searching again yesterday and still can't find any KLM flights. And I am searching for anything Aug 15 onward to the last possible date. And my EF alerts that I have had in for the past month, also with a huge variety of routes and dates, both on AF from YVR and on KLM, have also come up dry.

I hadn't even considered DL as I know nothing about their product and didn't bother to reasearch it. I dismissed them entirely but, thanks to you and 3Cforme, I am open to giving DL a try. Are all their TATL aircraft lie-flat? Or just certain planes? I'm less concerned about the soft product; it is the seat that I care about. Pods in J, such as CX, NH, AF new BEST etc. are what I am after. I was only hot on the KLM LAX-AMS flight to get the 747 UD one last time.

Last edited by Finkface; Nov 11, 2015 at 3:26 pm