FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam (Kilimanjaro), Tanzania REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:29 am
365RoadWarrior

I spent one night here, passing through Dar es Salaam. I should admit up front that I was pretty whacked-out psychologically. I had some issues (probably mine more than the hotels); they bent over backwards to make everything right.

The Lounge was fine, and staffed throughout the day. Evening reception offered up what seemed like quality food, though vegetarian fare was limited (as it should be, given the number of us about). There's a limited morning breakfast in the Lounge, but a much better one offered to Diamonds in the restaurant. Some interesting dishes on the buffet (carrot pie?), again, many not for vegetarians; the rest of y'all should really enjoy.

The fitness center was huge, well-kept and well-equipped. The only drawback was that once the sun set, it was too dark to read on the cardio equipment - another minor thing affecting a minority of guests. Pool and a large deck on the same level; some people were using the deck for jogging laps.

Hotel security is good; this was a concern because my stay coincided with the announcement of election results and some street activity related to that announcement.

The airport shuttle was US$55; I opted for a taxi at $15. Zanzibar ferry is virtually across the street.