FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best business class experience using 100,000 AA miles?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:49 pm
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
If 100k is your limit, I would say the best value you can get is JL in business--just make sure you're on SFO-HND, LAX-NRT, DFW-NRT, ORD-NRT or JFK-NRT as these routes feature JL's SkySuites business product. In my opinion, it beats CX's J product hands down.

You can also do LAX-LIM for 60k roundtrip in business on Lan's 787, or go onto Chile for 100k roundtrip, again on Lan. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed Chile, especially when you get out of Santiago. Also, Jan/Feb is the perfect time to go, although it's high season so everything is more expensive.

In terms of Europe, as others have mentioned, there aren't amazing options, but there are plenty of options with lie-flat seats (just make sure the seat map is 1-2-1 in business; 2-2-2 or 2-3-2 means angled flats).

You can use AA.com to search for space on AA, but to search JL, Lan, CX or Iberia, you will need to sign up for an Executive Club account on BA (if you don't have one already) and use the Avios search engine: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...n_type=STD_RED