FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WS RBC Mastercard: $99-$399 companion flight includes UK/Ireland
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:42 pm
robsaw

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I tried booking this reward last night through the WS contact centre. I discovered there are # t's & c's which were not clear (to me) when I signed up!

The most important one is I need to have used my RBC M/C and had one or more payment cycles before I was eligible. According to the agent, they need to be notified by RBC that I have met this condition. In my case, that means I won't be eligible to book a companion ticket until at least December! Who knew?

The agent also advised that the companion fare only applies on WS metal. Not sure what that means (yet) because many WS flights to the US begin with a WS segment & are then code shared (AA, Delta) e.g. YYZ-LGA-PIT. Perhaps Darren can clarify?
The lead-in sentence on the card page on RBC states:

"an annual round-trip companion flight for $99 with your first purchase"

The full t's & c's available at the same webpage state:
"... please allow 4-6 weeks after the first purchase transaction date for the .. and for the welcome $99 round-trip companion flight voucher (the "Flight Voucher") to appear on your WestJet account"....

The Flight Voucher is valid for travel anytime on all published eligible fares anywhere in Canada and the continental U.S. (excluding Hawaii and Puerto Rico) on flights marketed and operated by WestJet,"