FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best business class experience using 100,000 AA miles?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:29 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by shannon94188
Thank you for all these ideas - I'm definitely excited! I have more than 100k miles, but since I'm usually burning them on domestic roundtrips in coach, I feel very selfish using more than 100k for this one trip by myself. Is it really worth a domestic coach trip (or two) to go in first versus business?

thanks again!
It's hard to say what is "worth" it, this is almost certainly an individual value judgment. If you're fine in coach to Europe, 100k miles is 5 one way USA->Europe tickets offpeak, two USA->Japan round trips offpeak. For a lot of people a short East Coast-Europe trip is not worth shelling out a lot of extra miles for first class. It's a bit different if you're on the West Coast of the USA, though (now we're talking a 10-11 hour trip instead of 7-9 hours).

Coach gets you there, business has the things you need to get there comfortably, first class has the luxurious things you would want to get there in luxury. If you want a special occasion and to make the airplane trip part of the vacation, a business or first class redemption when you are used to coach can help make it special.