FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best business class experience using 100,000 AA miles?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:14 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
JAL in a heartbeat. US - Tokyo is ripe for a devaluation at the current 50k OW price. As others have said if you can somehow get an extra 25k miles (Citi AA CC?) I would jump on JAL F because the US - Tokyo F prices are definitely due for a devaluation (if you are of the belief that a devaluation is coming).

Ditto US - SE Asia on CX / JL F which would require you go get another 35k miles. Both cases well worth it and by far the two ripest areas for a devaluation in the not to distant future (if you are of the belief that a devaluation of the award chart is coming).

For Europe I would also throw out AY as a strong option. They have a new business class I believe on most of their planes to / from the US and they are also bringing a number of a350 on-line with new J (though not sure if any are slated to come to the US).

If you do go the Europe route - just make sure you don't "waste" your miles on old AA 777s or 757s with slope-y seats (or 767s though I think all to Europe are supposed to have lie-flat J in the next few months)