FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:03 am
DCAcubsfan

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by l'etoile
I hear general reports that with the state of emergency in the Maldives bookings can be canceled by mentioning that, but see nothing on the hotel's website. Travelers might want to make themselves aware of the ongoing political situation.
I emailed them my concerns about the situation and that I may consider cancelling. I was given the following response:

Dear Mr. DCACubsfan,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa!

Please be informed that the Emergency status is only affecting the island of Male and does not affect the airport which is located on a separate island nor our resort located on a private island 400 km away from Male.

As per the government announcement this is only a preventive measure for a scheduled protest in the capital Male. Please rest assured that the airport and our resort is completely safe and there is no disruption at all to the normal services provided at the airport and the resort.

Please find the attached official announcement issued from the ministry of tourism.

Please feel free to contact us should you need further assistance.

Regards

Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa

Here's the text from the press statement from the ministry of tourism:

"Maldives declare a month-long state of emergency .

The President of Maldives has declared a state of emergency in the Maldives starting from noon today.

The Government assures the tourism and travel trade that all tourism related businesses will be operating as usual and the situation in the Maldives remains stable. The state of emergency does not force any restrictions on travelling to the Maldives or within the Maldives. The Ibrahim Nasir International Airport and all domestic airports, tourist resorts, tourist hotels, tourist guest houses, tourist accommodating vessels (safari boats), marinas are in full operation. International and domestic flights, sea plane operations and all modes of transport are in operation.

Public safety is of paramount importance and the government assures the safety of the destination."